Community Action Tampa Bay (we, our or us) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. Storage of personal information such as names, email or mailing addresses are not contained within our published website. We don’t have any plans to share your information with anyone for sales or gain in any matter. We will only share with legal law enforcement upon presentation of proper documentation demanding such records.
This document is prepared to satisfy US and EU requirements.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website CommunityActionTampaBay.Com and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on our Website.
- In an e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Collected offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
As a note, this website, materials, products, offers, newsletters, sales and other promotions are intended for US citizens only and only those located in the United States or its territories. To be specify this website is only intended only for those registered citizens located in Hillsborough County Florida.
This website is not intended for use by citizens of the European Union(EU) or in instances applicable to General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR) regulatory control.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features/register on the website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline such as personal telephone.
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- That is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and usage details.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our local church partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence including e-mail addresses, if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for qualification purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
Your search queries on the Website
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the website or transmitted to other users of the website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns which will help us measure our outreach.
- Details of your visits to our website, traffic data, location data, logs, other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website may be collected.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type may be collected.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not/may include personal information, but/or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests and to make our website more effective.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our website and its contents to you for information and guidance.
- To provide you with information, products, or services you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices if required.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- We will not disclose your personal information for any purpose without your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our website and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use to “email a friend” to see if they would like to be a member of our website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipient/s.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety CAC our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email to request access to, correct or delete any personal information (name and email address) that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account, that is from our mailing lists. Each email we sent will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email. Please understand that we are not engaged in direct marketing.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Phone: (813) 359-9105
Our email address is: